The Omega Review :
PwnPurdue Chapter
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
  Online Love
Really boys?? stop proposing to me in-game. I mean you're cool and all, but that's a lvl of weird that I have no desire to reach. "omg, so last night my bf and I waited 3 hrs at the nm spawn point just waiting for it to pop in order to get the +50 all skills ring of might..gah but it like totally didnt drop." yup that sounds like a great convo w/ my gal pals the next day. lol. Now, i will apologize because I am a really fun flirt in-game, then again, i'm real good irl ;) this virtual love fad is ridiculous. Proximity is a very important characteristic of affection. but with virtual envirments our perception of proximity is altered. if you're in chicago and i'm in miami yet we're both in the same server our idea of "closeness" is changed. this is both intruiging and disturbing. If any of you have thoughts, please comment.
 
Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Just a gamer girls various blogs on games, developers, and a mess of other things.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States
Archives
November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / April 2007 / September 2007 / September 2009 / October 2009 / November 2009 / December 2009 / March 2010 / June 2010 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Hit counters