The Omega Review :
PwnPurdue Chapter
Monday, November 06, 2006
  Still Chuggin' Along
Well, work on the site here is coming along as smoothly as one could expect I suppose. Added some stuff on the side (hope you're also enjoying the picture Miss Rukia did) and hope to maybe add some more stuff soon. Since this is a review site, I'm going to post on here a review I did for a different site so you guys will have something to look at. Enjoy!

...Ladies and gentlemen, it gives me great pleasure to introduce you to my review of...


Kemonodzume!

Now some of you may be saying to yourself "Kemonodzume? What the hell is that? I've never heard of it!" Trust me when I say it's an anime and a damn good one at that.

The premise of this show is that in the distant past when Gods still walked around in human form a woman who was going to be sacrificed was saved by a man. Well, this irked the Gods pretty badly, and as a result they turned the man and woman into horrible monsters who must feast on humans in order to survive. Fast forward to present times and you find out the monsters descendants live secretly among the humans. However, they have to deal with the Kifuuken, a group of warriors who have been dealing with the monsters for hundreds of years.

One of my favorite aspects of this show is the animation. I've heard that one of the biggest complaints from most manga artists is how much everyone's art looks alike. Kemonodzume however, breaks from this problem rather well. The animation, in all honesty, looks like nothing more the quick scribbles from some fat, lazy guy who couldn't of given a rat's ass about anything other then his ramen that was cooking. Don't believe me?


The entire show looks like this, and yet in this case it works. It's almost like a breath of fresh air. Sure, there are other animes out there that have some of the most gorgeous animation out there (Steamboy or Akira anyone?) but its good to see that there are people out there still willing to experiment and try new things.

I'm going to end the review there, mainly because if this review has interested you in the show in any way possible, I don't want to ruin anything for you. Some of you may be saying "Holy crap I need this show where can I see it?!" Apologies to those of you with dial-up, because the only way I know of to watch this show (aside from actually living in Japan) is to download it from the website of a fan sub group. Just do a Google search for it, and I'm sure you'll have no problems at all finding it.

Well, I hope you enjoyed reading this. Have a good day, and look forward to another one coming soon.

(Sorry the pictures look so goofy, they were too big so I had to shrink them down to size. If you click on them you can view them in their original size.)

Alright, as for changes made today, I've added Haloscan, which means anyone (even if you don't have a Blogger account) can post a comment (and it just looks nicer), and I've added a Fan Site section to the column. See you another time!
 
Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Just a gamer girls various blogs on games, developers, and a mess of other things.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States
Archives
November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / April 2007 / September 2007 / September 2009 / October 2009 / November 2009 / December 2009 / March 2010 / June 2010 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Hit counters